5 Ways to Keep Your HVAC Running Longer | Frost Air Services
5 Ways to Keep Your HVAC Running Longer
As a homeowner, you have a lot to pay attention to when it comes to your house. A lot of things come up when you least expect it, and when it is the most inconvenient. One of those important issues usually happens to your HVAC unit. That unit is one of the most used appliances in your house and an easy one to take for granted. So, it’s important for you to take the time to make sure when you are running it, you are not only focusing on its performance but its maintenance as well.
How Do You Keep Your AC Maintained?
If you want your HVAC to keep running for a long time, there are some things you can do to help. Here are five ways to keep your HVAC running longer:
1. Have it serviced regularly
Just like your car, your HVAC needs regular servicing to keep it running smoothly. Get it serviced at least once a year by a professional, and make sure to clean or replace the filters regularly.
2. Use it wisely
Don’t turn your HVAC on and off all the time, as this puts unnecessary strain on the system. Use fans to help circulate air when possible, and open windows when the weather is milder.
3. Keep it clean
Dust and dirt can build up on your HVAC unit, making it less efficient. Keep it clean by vacuuming around it regularly and wiping down the exterior.
4. Be mindful of the temperature
Don’t make your HVAC work harder than necessary by setting the temperature too low in winter or too high in summer. A comfortable range is usually between 68-72 degrees.
5. Address problems early
If you notice any strange noises or smells coming from your HVAC, get it checked out as soon as possible. Ignoring problems will only make them worse and could lead to a breakdown. It is worth checking out every concern before finding yourself buying a new unit.
What About During The Cold Season?
As the cold season approaches, you may be thinking about how to keep your AC healthy. After all, you don’t want your unit to break down when you need it most. Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to ensure that your AC stays in good condition throughout the winter months.
- First, it’s important to have your AC serviced before the start of the cold season. This will help to ensure that all of the parts are in good working order and that there are no potential issues that could cause problems down the line.
- Once your AC is serviced, you’ll also want to make sure that you change the filters on a regular basis. Dirty filters can restrict airflow and cause your AC to work harder than it needs to, which can lead to problems.
- You’ll also want to keep an eye on the temperature inside your home. If it gets too cold, your AC unit may struggle to keep up, which could lead to damage.
- Finally, you should make sure that you keep an eye on any leaks or cracks in your AC unit. These can let in cold air and cause your AC to work harder than it needs to, which can shorten its lifespan.
By following these simple tips, you can help to ensure that your AC unit stays healthy throughout the winter months. With a little bit of care, you can keep your AC running smoothly all season long.
Frost Air Services Knows
If you’re looking for expert help with your AC or heating needs, look no further than Frost Air Services. Our team of knowledgeable professionals are always available to provide evaluations and consultations, so you can be sure you’re making the best decisions for your home or business. Plus, we’re always available to answer any questions you may have, so you can be confident in your choices.
Frost Air Services provides a variety of services to meet the needs of our customers. We offer air conditioning and heating services, as well as ductwork and ventilation services. We also provide repair and maintenance services for all types of air conditioners and furnaces. In addition, we offer a wide range of products to help you keep your home or office comfortable all year long. Our knowledgeable staff is here to help you find the perfect solution for your specific needs. Give us a call today to learn more about our services!